Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Hunger Games

It is rare that a book grabs me from the first page and holds me completely in its grip through the last page. I usually drift and scan pages and skip. But not this one. My oldest daughter read the series and told me it was great. But really? What does my 15 year old know about good books? <cough cough....apologizes to daughter for not trusting her....cough cough>. I loved it. It was creepy in the right places, sad in the right places and had a fast pace that did not make me want to put it down. As a matter of fact, I started it at work yesterday morning and read it off and on all day. Then I picked it up as soon as I got home and read all evening and would not go to bed until I finished it last night. It was super! I loved Katniss and even loved Peeta. Part of me wanted her to go ahead and get rid of him at first but then I really wanted Katniss to open her heart and realized that Peeta loved her. BUT, that being said, Katniss is really in love with Gale deep down in her heart. 

So, I am ready to dig into the 2nd book and see what happens next. Super book!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment