Tuesday, December 20, 2011

My epiphany

GOOD MORNING TO ALL MY CRAZY FRIENDS!!!!  It has been a wild morning here and I am JUST now turning my computer on to check mail and start all the junk piled on my desk.  Made a trip to the Courthouse this morning to file on my bad check folks....he he he....I know, I am a grinch!   :)   

Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas.  I want to share something with you.  Usually I do not do this but for some reason I am feeling sentimental today.

I want you all to do me a favor when you get home today please.  Take a minute and look at your family.  Husband, kids, mom, dad, grandparents, whoever you live with or have at your house or can get on the phone.   I was sitting in church yesterday morning.  I realized that I had snapped at my baby girl as we were getting ready, had not told my oldest how pretty she looked and had completely bypassed my husband and not even spoken to him and he was preaching a lovely sermon about Jesus being our Everlasting Father.    The only one in my family that I had really engaged was my middle child and that was to tell her to hurry up and get to church so we were not late again....(story of my life on Sundays).   Anyway, I felt just awful.  Then I realized I had not talked to my sister in weeks, my mom and I are at odds right now and she was sitting across the building with her feelings hurt, and I had countless friends that I have not spoken to in forever.  Needless to say, I was depressed after church.  BUT, I could fix this stuff.  I told my kids I loved them.  I made sure to apologize to my baby girl for snapping at her and I told my husband good morning.  Then I called my sister and talked to my mom for a  while.  By the time we took our youth group caroling at 2:00 I realized I had repaired a couple of friendships that had cobwebs hanging on them and I thanked God that I had had this epiphany---- What if I never saw any of these people again?  Life is short and so fleeting.   PLEASE go home and hug your family and tell them you love them, even if it means STOPPING what you are doing to make a phone call.  Even if you are arguing with one or two dozen of them....lol.  They are family and you may not get to see them again.  I never want my kids or husband to think I was cross with them or did not love them.  And I don't want my friends to think that either.  So just so you know--- I LOVE YOU GUYS!  You keep me sane and I am so glad to have you in my life.  Hang in there.  Have a wonderful, merry Christmas and while you are out on holiday be safe and careful.  

That is my preaching for the day!   


Allie

No comments:

Post a Comment